The (re) discovery of the cannabidiol (CBD) molecule among the cannabinoids, combined with the disappearance of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in the plants ofCBD hemp", And its processed products, paved the way for the legalization of cannabis use, but especially the intensive development of scientific research for medical purposes as to its possible virtues and benefits. Here is a non-exhaustive list of studies and research published on the subject:
CBD against pain and inflammation (analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties):
- Cannabidiol (CBD) and its analogues: can be used to reduce inflammation - Study published in the journal "Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry", in February 2015.
- Cannabidiol, a new therapeutic strategy to reduce inflammatory pain - Article published in the journal "Free Radical Biology and Medicine", in September 2011.
CBD against anxiety, depression, anxiety attacks and panic (anxiolytic):
- Cannabidiol quickly causes an antidepressant effect. Study published in October 2015, in the journal "Neuropharmacology".
- Cannabidiol, a potential treatment for anxiety disorders. Published in September 2015, in the "Journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics".
- The antidepressant and anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol. Study published in 2014 in the journal "NCS & Neurological Disorders".
- Cannabidiol, a component of Cannabis Sativa L., as an anxiolytic treatment. Publication of June 2012 in "Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria".
CBD against epileptic seizures:
- Study Doctor Devinsky, published in 2014 in the journal Epilepsia
CBD as an antipsychotic:
- Cannabidiol: Can it be used as an alternative to antipsychotics? Publication of the Journal of Psychiatric Research, March 2016.
- Systematic review of the antipsychotic properties of cannabidiol in humans. February publication 2015, in the "Journal Schizophrenia Research"
- Cannabidiol, a potential treatment for psychosis. Article published in June 2012, in the journal Current Pharmaceutical Design.
- Cannabidiol, a potential treatment for psychosis. Article published in June 2012, in the journal "Current Pharmaceutical Design
CBD against nausea and vomiting (antiemetic properties):
- study published in August 2011 in the "British Journal of Pharmacology".
- study published in December 2010, in the "British Journal of Pharmacology".
CBD against inflammatory bowel diseases:
- CBD against inflammatory bowel disease. Article published in May 2013 in the journal "Phytotherapy Research"
- Cannabidiol reduces intestinal inflammations. Study published in December 2011 in the newspaper "Plos ONE".
CBD against the symptoms of multiple sclerosis:
- study published in January 2016 in the "Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences DARU".
CBD in acne treatment:
- study published in April 2016 in the journal "Experimental Dermatology" in April 2016
- Posted in the "Journal of Clinical Investigation" in July 2014.
CBD against neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders:
- The most relevant studies on this subject were published in February 2011, in the journal "Molecular Pharmacology".
- Cannabidiol, neuro-protection and neuropsychiatric diseases. Published February 2016 in the journal "Pharmacological Research".
- Cannabidiol in medicine, analysis of the therapeutic potential of cannabidiol against CNS disorders (diseases of the central nervous system). A study published in October 2008, in the journal "Phytotherapy Research".
The CBD against drug addiction:
- May publication 2015, in the journal »Substance Abuse: Research and Treatment
- study published in April 2013 in the newspaper "Addictive Behaviors.
- October study 2015, published in the journal "Neurotherapeutics. "
CBD in the treatment of fractures:
Cannabidiol (CBD) accelerates the healing of bone fractures by stimulating osteoclast activity.
- study published in March 2015, in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
The CBD against cancer:
CBD fights certain types of cancer, and its popularity is growing among researchers for these many anti-tumor properties. Cannabidiol has an anti-angiogenic action (that is, it inhibits the creation of new blood vessels necessary for the tumor to grow)
- May publication 2012 in the "British Journal of Pharmacology. "
CBD to protect the gallbladder:
Cannabidiol protects the gall bladder from fatty liver caused by alcohol consumption and also damage caused by cocaine use.
- study published in the magazine "Free Radical Biology & Medicine", in March 2014
- April study 2015 published in the journal "Mediators of Inflammation. "
CBD in diabetes treatment:
Cannabidiol (CBD) would be able to reduce the incidence of diabetes. It could also help treat complications related to this disease, such as cardiovascular diabetes as well as diabetes retinopathy.